Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009

It was a quiet New Year's eve at our house. This is the first year in a while that Dex wasn't playing music somewhere. It was nice that we were home together for a change.
With the downturn of the economy I am hopeful that Americans will learn how to be frugal, ingenius, become savers once again and be kinder to one another, since we will all be feeling the pain. I hope we will hold our elected officials accountable to us. They do take the oath to uphold our Constitution when they are sworn in and it seems they quickly forget about it soon after. We must, in our busy lives, take the time to tell them when they break their promises or we see them take a stand against our views. With the internet, we have great power to be heard (except for the time I tried to email Barney Frank as it seems he did not accept out of state emails) and they do get the message when their email servers time out because of the influx. I keep my email list at my desk so I can let them know my views. By the way, don't forget to tell them when they are doing a good job to. We must always incourage good behavior! I am hoping we all gain great insight during these trying times and so I believe 2009 is going to be a very good year for all of us, if we take the time to learn from it.

No comments: