Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

My favorite holiday is fast approaching. I love this holiday as it is for me, a time of reflection. The changing of the seasons, time with family and friends, reconnection to those who love us, catch-up and feasting together is this season's great gift. This may also be the last Thanksgiving with my step-dad, so I want it to be extra special. My daughter and son-in-law living far away, will be on my mind - they always are, but at this time of year I really miss having them near. My daughter and son-in-law who live near, will be down for the holiday this year together. William will bring his video camera and take some video of Grandpa. That will be very important to us all in the future.

I am extremely grateful for the wonderful family God has surrounded me with. I am thankful I am still employed. I am thankful that I live in the United States of America. She has many things to atone for, but I still love her and am grateful for the opportunites she has provided for me.

I am prayerful for those who do not have the things I do. A warm bed and clothes, family, food or a job. I am prayerful for those who are ill and fighting for their lives. I am prayerful that I will never take for granted all the wonderful things God has provided me with.

I love you my family and my God and my country!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: