Sunday, February 07, 2010

Things change so quickly

Well this year has been interesting so far. Time is going by faster and faster and in Winter I am always glad - It has been very mild so far and I see this every few years. I still cannot wait until spring arrives though. My birdies will be back and life renews, it is a cycle that never ceases to amaze me. GOD has been good to me and I thank him everyday for my dear family, for keeping them all safe and healthy.
Speaking of health - I have contracted Diabetes. I found it during my annual check-up. So important to have those check-ups. I am lucky and can control it with diet. I am still trying to find my bearings on that. Much of it is managing carbohydrates and portion control, which most Americans need to do. I did find out that if you have family members who have been diabetic that it ups the ante along with certain ethnic groups. Since I am part American Indian along with my English Heritage, I am predisposed. I am not a sweets hound, but I am a carb hound. I have been doing well testing my blood, but I feel like I am always hungry. If I can just get used to that...I will be okay.

No comments: