Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boy does time fly!

I cannot believe it is almost the end of August already - we have been busy trying to simplify our lives. Had a yard sale and sold and gave away lots of stuff! My goal was to earn enough dollars to buy a new mattress for our bed, but alas, it was not to be. We had to spend most of it to repair the fridge, but that is okay - I know there is a new bed in my future.

My dear friend Julian is retiring and returning to Great Britian to care for his elderly mother. He has been a wonderful friend and mentor to me through the years and work will not be the same without him. He will be spending his energies taking his Mum on vacation to Cornwall and fixing her home up while spending his free time writing another book. I wish him well...

My Dex is doing great, working too hard, but I cannot stop him. He is going to wring every moment of life while he is here on this earth. I am thankful to GOD for answering all the prayers of family and friends to spare his life. It is wonderful to see him pretty much back to his old self.

I have lots of people on my prayer list - their are lots of needs out there and I am trusting God to bless and provide, heal and give hope to all those I pray for. Although I cannot understand all HE does, I know HE has good reason as he sees and knows all, and I continue to look through the glass darkly until we meet face to face, so in the meantime, I will trust him. He knows best...

No comments: