Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring????

Well, we thought spring had sprung, but I guess we were all wrong! We had some pretty wild weather the last few days. Wind, rain, snow, sleet hail and some cold temps to go with it. Our pear crops will suffer in the lower elevations as they were already in full bloom and now those flowers lie on the valley floor. The birds loved the weather and surprising they were extremely active, flitting around in the snow and rain from feeder to feeder. They were a delight to watch. I am hoping for a mild summer like last year, so our water holds out and we get the grass planted in front of our porch area. I am anxious to put up the umbrellas and get the solar lights out on the walk, put out new table cloths on the tables and get the chairs clean and the hammocks hung up, so I can spend some lazy afternoons ready my latest book. Go away old man winter, spring is here!

2 comments:

... said...

I am glad they didn't open the pool yet...I hope the orchards don't suffer too much...

Chicken said...

Yeah this weather is getting OLD.