Saturday, April 12, 2008

It is 81 degrees!!!

Dex and I got up early to hit the three yard sales in town. Found a nice bracelet for a buck and Dex got a couple of microphones for his studio. We moved a bunch of stuff off the porch today, and washed it down. Raked some leaves and ate our lunch outside at the picnic table - that was so nice. I have washed and sealed the birdbath and need to go put one more coat on it and hopefully it will stay bright for my birdies...speaking of birdies, we discovered a wood pecker family nesting in one of the birdhouses I have on the top of my hammock pole. That is the first time we have had any birds nest in any of our houses. I think I will just let them finish up all the suet cakes before I take the feeders down and give the a good scrubbing and filling with seed. We have fed birds all winter, but I am looking forward to seeing the ones that migrated coming back. Our fawns were out this morning and the squirrels were frolicking in the woodpile...Ah Mother Nature isn't she GRAND!

2 comments:

... said...

That sounds so awesome...a beautiful spring day in Southern Oregon....wonder if the weather will hold.

I need to get a few shepperd's hooks that are strong enough for bird feeders so I can get the two feeders I brought with me out. I am sure the birds here would like a little snack once in a while...I'll have to see what my seed options are as soon as I get those hooks up.

Haha said...

I will be curious to see what kinds of birds will show up at your feeders - we will have to get you a bird book for your area, if you don't already have one.