Friday, March 14, 2008

I Give Up - I am going to the Doctor

Well, It was a rough night, hardly any sleep and my ribs are so sore from hacking. I just got off the phone with my dear friend from work and he said one of the waitresses at the local diner he frequents has had this thing FOUR times. I just cannot keep doing this, as I feel like I am getting weaker and weaker, so I will call in the morning and off to the doc I go, even though we have to drive 1 & 1/2 Hours to get there. Antibiotics are the only thing that will knock out the bronchitis and codeine cough syrup to silence the cough at night so I can get some rest. I wish I owned stock in the Kleenex Corporation (yes, I am trying to keep my sense of humor)!

3 comments:

... said...

That sucks Mom....hope they give you something so you can get some rest...we don't want it turning into an infection of some sort. Try sleeping a bit propped up too, that helps me with the cough...don't know if you can do that with your neck or not.

Haha said...

I have been and it does help, poor Dex "hit the brick wall" last night when he got home from his gig. He had a few petit mal seizures from the fever, and he was coughing so hard. I had a cough suppressent that I gave him and he finally went to sleep. This is a miserable mess for sure.

Chicken said...

I'm glad that you both are feeling better now.